Last weekend our CEO married her best friend of five years and she used services in Calgary to make herself feel and look beautiful on her wedding day! One was visiting the lovely LOLA LASH BAR located on 1st Street SW in downtown of Calgary. Someone told her that even though photos are being taken all day after getting make up and hair done, photos are still being taken even before hair and make up is done without us realizing it. What about the night before the wedding? It was a great pointer because there are photos taken of you when you wake up in the morning wearing no make up and such. Having the eyelashes truly helped self esteem to stay high because it gives something extra out of your eyes. It was a great feeling looking at the photos after the wedding and realizing that the eyelashes help us look more alert, awake and more perky.
“It was one of the best choices I made was to visit Lola Lash Bar to help my eyelashes to be longer so I could wear less mascara on my wedding day. It worked out great because I did not have to worry about mascara running down my face from being emotional of happiness on my wedding day.”
She got it done several days before the wedding which also made her feel more prepared and organized for the pre-wedding week, not having to worry about doing make up for errands and such. They were very easy to take care of but do not expect to be able to rub your eyeballs in the morning or at night when you’re tired.
- LOLA LASH BAR is a great service and established in a great location. When you enter, you really enter the BLO DRY BAR before entering the LOLA LASH BAR. Great people greet you and you are introduced to your “lasher” (the person who does your eyelashes for you).
- they show you three types of eyelash extensions so that you can choose of your preference
- they lay you down on a really cool bed/couch cushion with your whole body laying flat on your back
- they carefully explain the process so you don’t get freaked out. They tell you that they will be closing your eyes for the entire process (it sounded freaky at first but then became very relaxing, kind of like a spa)
- your real eyelashes are brushed first with a eyelash brusher. They do that to make sure your real eye lashes are separated, not criss crossed.
- then they apply white tape under your eyes so the glue does not get on the skin below your eyes
- you just relax for about an hour, while your lasher apply longer or thicker (depend on style you choose) individually on each eye lash on each eyelid
- they have special tools that help apply and a pump-blow type of tool to help the residue dry quicker
- after your lasher is done, she will tell you or touch your shoulder and you will be able to open your eyes. You instantly feel like a new person and you’re done the process!
Eyelash Extension Aftercare:
- cannot get the eyelashes wet for 24 hours including crying, sweating, steam etc…
- do not use oil based products near eyelashes (do use oil free make up remover)
- do not pick, pull or rub eyelashes
- do not use waterproof mascara
- do not use mechanical eyelash curler (use heated curler)
- be cautious of extensions when sleeping on your side
- do minimize visits to hot yoga, swimming, hot tub, steam room, sauna etc…
- do lightly brush your eyelashes with a eyelash brush
- if you are happy how they worked out, make sure you book appointments for refill every 2-4 weeks
NOTE: There are two different locations for LOLA LASH BAR in Calgary.
1317 1st Street SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0W3
23 McKenzie Towne Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3S7